Monday, November 7, 2011

What's my Passion?

When I was a little girl I always wanted to be something amazing in life. My parents would say "Sasha, you can be anything you want to be when you grow up!" so, I took that to heart. I remember watching my cousin Elaine do hair all while I was growing up. She did an amazing job every time and she loved it. So, the more I began to be around her I said I wanted to do hair when I grew up. I thought it was my passion... but it wasn't. I loved watching Venus and Serena Williams play tennis. I would park myself right in front of the TV and mock the movements and sounds. I wanted to be the next successful African American tennis player.. but soon I realized I wasn't into it. Later there was the tornado warning that had me wanting to be a Meteorologist. Ha! After a storm shook up the town I thought I would be the best weather lady there ever was. My parents supported my dream by buying me rain catches, weather radios, thermometers and anything else I thought would help me with my "dream." But I came to realized... that wasn't what I wanted.

When I found the Fashion Industry I fell in love. The way people could make a statement with what they wore... how people could wear anything they wanted.. how unique the clothes looked on the runway.. the interest in learning the art and beauty of fashion fascinated me. I knew I had found it. I came to a realization that the strong desire I felt was.... passion.

What's my passion? Fashion!

-Mae

No comments:

Post a Comment